Summer is here and so is Essence Fest 2016! There’s so much to see and do in this one weekend before the 4th of July. Here at Manning’s Sports Bar, we came up with 4 drinks to help get you through the weekend. Whether your taking a break from the fest or trying to find a cool spot to escape the heat, come visit us on Fulton Street and try one of our specialty cocktails:
1 – Hennessy Halftime Punch
If you love Hennessy, but also want to stay refreshed in all the New Orleans humidity, this is the drink for you. This drink mixes Hennessy with fresh berries and light juices to quench your thirst and still give you the taste of cognac. It’s great for those hot nights we’ll be experiencing all weekend.
- 1.25 oz. Hennessy VS
- fresh raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries
- 3 oz. apple juice
- splash pineapple juice
2 – Tropical Vodka Red Bull
This drink puts a fruity spin on a local favorite. Combining coconut vodka and tropical-flavored red bull gives you a surprisingly satisfying and refreshing sensation. With a taste similar to the hurricane cocktail, the Red Bull gives you an extra kick and is much more flavor-packed.
- 1.25 oz. coconut vodka
- 3-5 oz. Yellow Red Bull
- splash pineapple juice
- splash orange juice
3 – Tailgate Sipper
One of the best ways to experience Crown Apple is to mix it with ginger ale and lime juice. Similar to the Halftime Punch, this drink is a light refreshment and easy to drink. The apple and ginger flavors make a great combo and is an alternative option to the usual cranberry. We can add the juice of one orange wedge to add a sweeter aftertaste.
- 1.25 oz. Crown apple
- 3-5 oz. ginger ale
- splash Rose’s lime juice
- orange slices
4- Touchdown Margarita
The Touchdown Margarita is our house specialty at Manning’s. Limes, lemons, and oranges are freshly-squeezed everyday to make this delicious cocktail because it’s the only way to enjoy a proper margarita. Combined with 100% agave Don Julio tequila, the cocktail dons a taste to die for. We add a floater of Grand Marnier for extra flavor and quality.
- 1.25 oz. Don Julio silver tequila
- 3-5 oz. fresh squeezed lemons, limes, and oranges
- .75 oz. Grand Marnier orange cognac
- lime wedges
- salt (to dress rim)
WHY MANNING’S ?
Theres multiple reasons why you need to come see us this weekend:
- We have over 30 flat screen TVs, including 13’x7.5’ mega-screen in our patio seating area, another big screen inside with recliners so you can sit and enjoy the days sports listings.
- We’re owned by Archie Manning, who has draped the restaurant in all kinds of unique memorabilia from throughout his football career as well as the careers of his two sons, Peyton and Eli. Archie swings by the restaurant many times a week, so you may be able to see the man himself!
- We validate parking. If you spend $25 or more at Manning’s we validate Harrah’s garage parking. And if you are a Total Rewards member with Harrah’s, we also allow you to pay with Total Rewards points and charge your bill to your room if you’re staying at Harrah’s hotel.
- Former Steelers quarterback Kordell Stewart will be at Mannings Saturday July 2 and Sunday July 3, from 1-4 P.M. Feel free to stop by and say hi!
- We’re right where the action is. Were located on 519 Fulton Street, which is right across the street from Harrah’s Casino, the Riverwalk, and the Convention Center. Come see us and grab some drinks from me, J’Nai. I’ll be there all weekend!
To see more drink recipes, click here.